Temporary Work Permit also referred to as TWP is a short term permit usually issued to an expatriate with special skills through the application of a Corporate entity who is in need of the expertise or skill of such expatriate.
TWP is usually issued by the Nigerian immigration service to the applying company with the name and details of the expatriate being invited. The approval letter being a temporary one is usually for two months.
The following documents are required for the application and approval of TWP
1. Application letter in the letterhead of the applying company addressed to the Comptroller General of Nigerian Immigration Service
2. Company Profile
3. Certificate of Incorporation of applying company
4. Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company
5. CAC 2 and 7 or CAC 1.1 or Status report of the Company as the case may be (The applicability of the documents here on this item is dependent on when the Company was incorporated by the Corporate Affairs Commission. CAC 2, 7 and 1.1 are no longer issued for new companies since the coming into the existence of the new Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020).
6. International Passport of the invited expatriate.
It should be noted that this is the first stage of the whole process, as at this stage, Temporary Work Permit (Pre-Approval Letter) is issued to enable the invited expatriate to complete the application at the Nigerian Embassy where the invited expatriate resides and has chosen.